The Machen Florida Opportunity Scholars Student Ambassador Program is a service organization that equips scholars with leadership, public speaking and teambuilding skills.
Student Ambassadors represent MFOS in various activities such as serving on student panels, speaking to prospective students and donors while embracing their unique stories and highlighting the importance of first-generation college student support.
What does a Machen Florida Opportunity Scholars Student Ambassador do?
- Develops an expanded knowledge of the Machen Florida Opportunity Scholars Program
- Speaks to and engages with prospective students and their families on student panels, social media engagement, etc.
- Serve as a liaison for UF Advancement, donors, and the MFOS program
- Assist with marketing strategies such as flyers, videos, or social media
- Assists with duties and tasks related to MFOS events
- Works with diverse populations and provides tips on being a successful first-generation college student
- Attend bi-weekly meetings and required trainings
- Other duties as assigned
Interested students should:
- Feel very connected to the MFOS Program and their first-generation identity.
- Be comfortable in both small and large groups.
- Feel comfortable sharing their story.
- Be able to network with major donors and influential UF administrators.
- Commit to completing 5 hours of events throughout the semester.
- Attend biweekly ambassador meetings.
Apply to be a MFOS Student Ambassador:
Please review the dates below if you are interested in applying to be an ambassador.
Applications will be open on December 13th, 2023. Please be on the lookout for the application link if interested.
- Applications open on December 13th, 2024
- Application — https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4IUQmHpwEbXn9Yi
- Applications close on January 12th at 11:59 PM.
- Applicants should expect an email on January 17th.
- If applicants are invited to interview, the 1:1 interview will be held on the following dates:
- January 26th
- January 29th
- January 30th
- Group interview to be held on February 9th from 4:00 – 5:00 PM.
- Final interview to be held on February 16th from 4:00 – 5:00 PM.
- Ambassador Training will be held on Saturday, February 24th.
Current MFOS Ambassadors: MFOS Student Ambassadors – Machen Florida Opportunity Scholars (ufl.edu)